Thursday, September 3, 2009

Jackal Guitar

I have decided that taking art requests is pretty fun. A close friend gives me a subject or a theme and I get to take what I know of their personality and interests and come up with something creative that incorporates those into their request. Plus tailoring artwork to someone else's personality makes it easier for me to give it away.

My best friend, whom I've known for something crazy like 16 or 17 years, asked me for a small drawing that she could put inside of her acoustic guitar. She names all of her guitars and this one was called Jackal. She said it was named after Anubis, the Egyptian god of death, and wanted the drawing to relate somehow to the name.

So finally inspiration hit and I came up with a way to draw a jackal guitar. I'm pretty proud of it too because I'm not very comfortable drawing with pen and after a few tries I got it to look how I wanted it to, from the guitar pick in the jackal's mouth to the ankh cross shadow.

No comments: