Multiple projects due the same week (and even some in the same class)? I've got them.
Teachers assigning double the usual amount of homework due the next class period? Got that too.
Computer not recognizing perfectly legitimate if-statements of great importance? Oh why must I love programming when it hates me so?
Worst of all the amount of homework seems to be proportional to my lack of focus required to complete it.
So tonight I needed to have an intensely focused homework session.
Closed went the door.
Closed went the windows.
Off went the music.
If I hadn't needed it I would have disconnected all internet connections and cables.
And, for the first time ever for the purpose of studying, in went the earplugs. I definitely miss the complete lack of background noise my home offered me in previous years. It helped with getting enough sleep too.
It worked. Slightly less than an hour later that portion of the assignment was written. Ignoring every other project I ought to have made more progress on by now, that's an exciting accomplishment. Now to work on it some more.
If I make it through this I'm hoping to post something interesting tomorrow.
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment