In my last post I said I'd share some of the drawings I've been doing lately. Here are my favorites so far:
Small doodle, no photo reference. The way I exaggerated the proportions makes the horse remind me more of a Western cow pony than a medieval mount, but it was fun.
Self portrait. I don't draw these very often but this one turned out well.
This one is based somewhat loosely on a photo I took of a friend.
This is my horse Paladin. Horses are so expressive, and they have such big personalities, but sometimes that doesn't show up very well in photos of them. So even though this is just a sketch, and not even a very complete-looking one, I'm thrilled that I got his personality to show through here where it doesn't really in the photo. However, I'm still not happy with the rider. A better reference might have helped. This drawing shows me I need to put in more hours of practice drawing figures to get them up to the same level as my equines before they'll start working better together.
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment