Yesterday I gave my final performance for the Oral Interpretation of Literature (dramatic reading) class I took this semester. Unfortunately this performance wasn't filmed or I'd show you my 12 minutes of awesomeness acting out Gandalf and Frodo and a couple other pieces of literature including a hilarious portrayal of a goblin that made me lose my voice for two hours after class. I might re-perform it for my family over Christmas break, because that goblin voice is really fun, but no promises.
Yet running on six hours of sleep really isn't my thing after all the work and stress leading up to yesterday, plus having to cram for my first final exam that would take place the next morning, and by evening I was completely exhausted.
And then I learned that I don't handle surprises very well when I'm exhausted. Nope, being forced to walk out in the freezing cold for some "meeting" for all the people in my living area at the time of night when I desperately wanted to be in bed sleeping was not putting me in a very cheerful mood. And when I found out that the "meeting" was actually the handing out of Christmas presents from our parents and everyone else was jumping up and down in excitement...I just broke down in tears. I needed sleep. I needed a break.
Now that that performance is past though I just have a multitude of hopefully smaller things left to do before finals next week. So I took today off from studying (after my exam of course, but that was my only obligation for today).
I finished a drawing I began weeks ago, went for a bike ride (getting lost while your ears are freezing is good adventurous fun, right?) and watched The Two Towers.
Here is the drawing. It's nothing fancy, and far from perfect. Just plain copy paper and an everyday #2 pencil.

And here it is with a little bit of adjustment with a computer.

I really miss my horse. The next eight days can't pass quickly enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment