Sunday, December 13, 2009

The strange, recurring theme of my life

I've been keeping a list of all the amusing quotes I hear at college and can remember long enough to record. There are some amazing ones so far: anything from "The banana man is on the move" to "Kimberley, are you killing people in the kitchen?"

Today I doubled the size of my quote document. This is probably because as finals week approaches we all get a little more insane than usual. For example, I cleaned every inch of my room that I could reach today...to avoid starting a certain homework assignment. I organized, wiped down, dusted, vacuumed, even washed the dishes that have been piling up and put them away, then looked around desperately for more things to clean. No one believes me but I definitely wasn't a clean freak before college. Quite the opposite.

But the quote/conversation of the day is this, and it's been reappearing more and more often:
Abbey: I’m going to go tell Melissa that she’s an evil genius.
Kim: Good, ‘cause she is, deep down inside.
Abbey: I don’t think it’s that deep.

People in high school said it, people in college figured it out pretty quickly too, and even one of my professors, and therefore my entire (tiny) class of ten people, made a similar comment earlier this week. Weird. I wonder if the fact that everyone always joked about us quiet kids being that way has anything to do with it.

Anyway, the scene just before that quote is also hysterical, and pretty much all my fault. I'd been having a very LOTR week, okay? So a group of us college girls were returning to our dorm after lunch and we got onto the topic of ents turning into trees (and illustrating it for those among us who were less familiar with LOTR). (Take note: if I'm an evil genius who are these people who finish my sentences anyway?).

Me: [plants feet] I’m done with this world.
Kim: So I’m going to become a tree.
Abbey: I wish it were that easy. [plants feet] I’m done with finals. I’m going to become a tree now. Oops, I just talked.
(a little later, Kayla (not part of previous conversation) is walking down the hall, sees Abbey at the other end and stops.)
Abbey: What? You see me in the hall and just stop?
Me: [jumps out of room, plants feet next to Kayla] I’m done with you Abigail!
Abbey: I’m going to become a tree now!

1 comment:

owo xD said...

Wow. That's quite the conversation! I've never gotten onto the subject of ents with my friends, but we have discussed other important matters about LOTR. Like, "Why do the hobbits have hairy feet?" Yeah, I know, interesting. lol