Next things calmed down a little and some things even started going right again. I figured out a schedule for classes to take next year that not only looks less intense than what I've been trying to do, but also gives me the possibility of graduating early. Then decisions were finally made about where I'll be living next year and who I'll be rooming with. So that was another uncertainty put to rest. If you're not familiar with how awkward the campus housing selection process is, someone described it to me as being kind of like prom in high school: it's on everyone's mind but no one really wants to talk about it. *
And yet that sort of calm hardly endures more than a few hours before the skies begin to darken again and I'm left wondering how much longer this roller coaster ride is going to last.
Our soul waits for the LORD;
he is our help and our shield.
For our heart is glad in him,
because we trust in his holy name.
he is our help and our shield.
For our heart is glad in him,
because we trust in his holy name.
Let your steadfast love, O LORD, be upon us,
even as we hope in you.
even as we hope in you.
Psalm 33:20-22
*My own experience with prom was a little different owing to a certain one of my friends who might have had good intentions but ended up causing a hilarious bit of drama leading up to prom by never shutting up about it. I distinctly remember the writing of a list of "couples" on which the name "Melissa" appeared next the name "Satan."
Basically I got fed up with the whole subject of prom and started tuning out the conversation with loud music. This worked great until I started hearing my name among the shouting that broke out between the girl writing the list and another girl who was strongly opposed to this coupling of people. Following this argument, the second girl's name was erased and rewritten as "Satan" next to mine, since the first girl assumed that we two independents were going to stick together anyway (logic?).
Although "I went to prom with Satan" makes a highly entertaining story I'm glad that housing went a lot more smoothly ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment